The 2013 Fort McHenry quarters three-coin set gave the other America the Beautiful coin sets a run for their money in its first week of sales tallying 9,398.
But can it keep up the momentum? The three-coin sets are known for starting strong with sales around 9,500, but the highest sales have gotten is 20,143 for the Gettysburg set.
On the bestseller list for the past week were the 2013-W Proof Silver Eagle with more than 15,400 in sales and the 2013 Proof Set with almost 15,000 in sales.
The Mint still has a full product list to present before the end of the year. That includes the First Spouse coins that have yet to be introduced because of production issues. And no sales date has been set for the 2013 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set.
Scheduled for release Oct. 17 are Woodrow Wilson Presidential $1 coin rolls, bags and boxes. The final 5 ounce silver America the Beautiful silver uncirculated coin honoring Mt. Rushmore National Memorial will be released on Nov. 7.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Order your 2013 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake Coin Set today!
• Buy new coin price guides, get the ebook free! Learn more.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• See what guides and supplies our editors recommend for keeping up with your collection.