Sales of the 2013-W uncirculated silver American Eagle collector coin went down by 7,262 to 115,304. Did buyers get cold feet and cancel their orders when silver bullion took its tumble?
Other collector coins sales numbers changed just enough to justify a weekly review of all of the listings on these pages, but not by enough to seem important.
The first inklings of bullion coin demand in the month of July are listed below. June ended as the weakest month for gold sales at 49,000 one-ounce coins. It was also the slowest month for silver Eagle bullion coin sales, but the difference was so minor it is hardly worth noting. More important is that the sales total in the first six months exceeded 25 million and if the pace is kept up for another six months, more than 50 million would be sold.
The sold-out three-coin proof set in the 5-Star General program jiggled again and the tally now stands at 9,973, up 4.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Get the U.S. Coin Collector’s Value Pack at a special price through June 30.
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!