June’s gold bullion price swoon has not attracted bullion coin buyers as the April price decline did. Sales of the one-ounce gold American Eagle did leap by 22,500 since last week’s report, more than doubling the June sales total. Even so, the 41,000 figure is still only two-thirds of May’s 61,500, which itself was only a third of April’s 187,500 figure. Bullion coin buyers might be excited by recent price declines, but they might also be running out of ready funds to invest having splurged so strongly in April.
The Great Basin 5-ounce silver bullion coin has gone on sale and 9,900 have been recorded as sold.
Sales of the 2013-W uncirculated one-ounce gold American Eagle increased by just 384. The running tally is 3,082. The 2013-W uncirculated silver Eagle sales rose by 3,725 to 122,566.
The 5-Star General three-coin proof set sales figure has been revised to 9,969 from its 10,000 maximum sales reported some weeks ago.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Get the U.S. Coin Collector’s Value Pack at a special price through June 30.
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!