Both bullion coin and collector coin sales seem to have slowed down to a summertime pace. Just 1,000 one-ounce American Eagle gold bullion coins were taken by the Mint’s Authorized Purchasers in the past week. They also bought 2,000 quarter-ounce gold Eagles.
Silver Eagle sales continue at their rationed pace. So far in June 2,259,500 have been sold. In calendar year 2013, 24,028,000 have been sold. It would be a record sales year if the second half of 2013 sees sales to match the first half.
Collectors purchased just 6,042 of the 2013-W proof silver American Eagle coins. Their enthusiasm for the 2013-W uncirculated silver American Eagle was a much lower 2,692 pieces.
Sales just about doubled for the 2013-W uncirculated gold Eagle, but it has just gone on the market and the total is still only 2,700 pieces.
Girl Scout dollars are still outselling the Generals’ dollars, though the latter program has two other denominations.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Get the U.S. Coin Collector’s Value Pack at a special price through June 30.
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!