A $2 million type collection has been acquired by Pinnacle Rarities, a firm in Olympia, Wash.
It is called the Sounder Collection after Puget Sound and it was assembled by a Seattle collector who assembled a set of Walking Liberty half dollars that is the third all-time finest date set and seventh finest complete set of circulation strikes on the Professional Coin Grading Service Registry.
The 99 coins in the set do not include gold. Of these 34 are certified by Numismatic Guaranty Corp. and 65 by PCGS.
Some of the set highlights include
• 1793 Liberty Cap half cent PCGS MS-62 Brown.
• 1793 Vine and Bars Wreath cent PCGS MS-64 Brown
• 1827 Capped Bust dime NGC MS-67
• 1879 Seated Liberty quarter PCGS MS-68
• 1911 Barber quarter PCGS Proof-68 Cameo
Pinnacle says the set will be sold. It plans to post more information on the Web site later in January at www.Pinnacle-Rarities.com. For additional information telephone (800) 724-7642.