Walter A. Ostromecki officially announced his candidacy for the 2007 American Numismatic Association board of governors at a kickoff rally during the Tuscon International Coin and Stamp Show, Jan 19-21.
?In a nutshell, I am a professional when it comes to demeanor, a hands-on doer and an individual who believes in open communication, discussions and meetings with members on all numismatic issues pertaining to ANA governance and policy,? Ostromecki said.
Ostromecki said he is a proponent of the following issues:
- Eliminating the veil of secrecy that surrounds ANA board meetings.
- There must be an internal ANA audit committee to increase trust by the membership.
- Return the ANA representative program to what it was.
- Set up a committee to investigate why the ANA has a large yearly dropout rate.
- Do not combine the exhibit award categories, nor place any funds in the general account.
- Return to the 25 and 50 year membership medals in gold and silver.
- The board should consult and hold regular meetings on all matters with the advisory council.
- Do not change the current structure in ANA bylaws pertaining to the election of officers.
- Work more closely with the numismatic press to publicize the ANA.
- Make the current ANA Web site more collector and member friendly.
- Re-establish the youth outreach program and coordinator.
- Select sites in smaller cities throughout the U.S. for the National Money Shows.
- Drop all current ANA legal actions and lawsuits.
- Hire an outside professional grant writer to find business and foundation monies to help underwrite at least half of the costs of our educational outreach programs in schools.
For additional information, contact Ostromecki at P.O. Box 4159, Panorama City, CA 91412, or (818) 342-6304, or firstname.lastname@example.org.