Stack’s Bowers Galleries has announced its purchase of the assets of Manifest Auctions.
“Under the leadership of Manning Garrett, Manifest Auctions has grown into one of the pre-eminent auction houses of rare paper money,” said Brian Kendrella, president of Stack’s Bowers Galleries. “The opportunity to acquire Manifest and bring Manning Garrett to the Stack’s Bowers Galleries team aligns with our expansion plans, not only by increasing our offerings of rare notes for auction, but by adding one of the leading paper money authorities and numismatic entrepreneurs to our roster of unparalleled experts.”
“The acquisition of Manifest Auctions by Stack’s Bowers Galleries is a natural fit,” said Garrett, founder and president of Manifest Auctions. “Our Winter Auction consignors will benefit from the greater collector base provided by Stack’s Bowers Galleries, as well as convention exposure at the Whitman Coin & Collectibles Expo.”
All of the current numismatic and currency consignments to Manifest’s Winter Auction are to be offered in the Stack’s Bowers Galleries March Baltimore Showcase Auction, scheduled for March 30 through April 1, 2016. Highlights include:
• Piedmont, Alabama. $10 Red Seal. First NB. Charter 7464. Serial No. 2.
• Fernandina, Florida. $5 1882 Brown Back. First NB. Charter 4558. Serial No. 1.
• Lebanon, Kentucky. $5 1882 Brown Back. Farmers NB of Lebanon. Charter 4271. Serial No. 1.
For additional information, visit www.stacksbowers.com.
This article was originally printed in Bank Note Reporter.
>> Subscribe today or get your >> Digital Subscription
More Collecting Resources
• Bank note enthusiast? Visit the Chicago Paper Money Expo, held March 17 – 20 in Rosemont, Ill. to view spectacular bank notes, attend expert led seminars and participate in Lyn Knight’s currency auction.
• The Standard Catalog of United States Paper Money is the only annual guide that provides complete coverage of U.S. currency with today’s market prices.