IOLA, Wis. (Aug. 30, 2012) -- Krause Publications newspapers, books and magazines brought home awards from the Numismatic Literary Guild the annual Bash held Aug. 9 at the American Numismatic Association's World's Fair of Money in Philadelphia.
Krause Publications awards included:
• Best Numismatic Investment Book,The Essential Guide to Investing in Precious Metals, by David L. Ganz.
• Extraordinary Merit, One Coin Is Never Enough, by Michael S. Shutty Jr., Ph.D.
• Extraordinary Merit, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 5th Edition, George S. Cuhaj, editor; Thomas Michael, market analyst.
• Extraordinary Merit, Unusual World Coins, 6th Edition. George S. Cuhaj, editor; Tom Michael, market analyst.
• Extraordinary Merit, U.S. Coins Close Up, by Robert R. Van Ryzin.
U.S. Commercial Numismatic Magazines:
• Best Issue, Coins magazine, May 2012, Robert R. Van Ryzin, Editor.
• Best Coin Article, "Gobrecht's Dollar Originals Show Eagle Flying Upward," R.W. Julian, Coins magazine, May 2012.
World Commercial Magazines:
• Best Column, "Mostly Copper," Donald H. Dool, World Coin News.
• Best Paper Money Article, "Now There Are Six: Rare Confederate Tome Discovered," Fred L. Reed III, Bank Note Reporter, October 2011.
• Best Column,"Shades of the Blue and Grey," Fred L. Reed III, Bank Note Reporter.