The Numismatic Literary Guild handed out its annual awards recently in conjunction with the American Numismatic Association's World Fair of Money, and Krause Publications took home a multitude of honors for its magazine, book and online product offerings.
The awards recognizing members' outstanding writing, editing and recording efforts during the prior year represent the full scope of numismatic information sources.
KP's awards included:
• World Coins, Standard Catalog of German Coins, 1501-Present, 3rd Edition, by Douglas Nicol; George Cuhaj, Editor, Thomas Michael (above), Market Analyst
• World Paper Money, Standard Catalog of World Paper Money Modern Issues, 1861-Present, 17th Edition, George S. Cuhaj, Editor
• Extraordinary Merit, Rare Coin Investing, David L. Ganz
Best Numismatic Newspaper
• Best Issue, Bank Note Reporter, January 2011, Robert R. Van Ryzin (right), Editor
• Best Paper Money Article, "Bronzing Planned for the Nationals," Barbara A. Bither, Bank Note Reporter
• Best Column, "Shades of the Blue and Grey," Fred L. Reed III, Bank Note Reporter
Best World Commercial Magazine
• Best Issue, World Coin News, December 2010, Maggie Stigsell (right), Editor; David C. Harper, Executive Editor
• Best Tokens and Medals Article, "Sensational Journey, Prince of Wales in Canada, America," Ronald Cheek, World Coin News
• Best Column, "From A to Z," Bob Reis, World Coin News
Best Internet Websites
• Best Internet Blog, "The Buzz," Dave Harper (below), Numismatic News
U.S. Commercial Numismatic Magazine
• Best Coin Article, "The First 'Nickel' Five-Cent Piece," Robert W. Julian, Coins Magazine
About Krause Publications
Krause Publications, based in Iola, Wis., is the world's largest publisher of leisure-time periodicals and books on collectibles, sewing and quilting, hunting and construction. Chet Krause, a long-time collector of coins, published the first issue of Numismatic News on Oct. 13, 1952, with nearly 1,000 readers. Today, Krause Publications, owned by F+W Media, offers more than 40 periodicals, 10 hobby shows, 750 reference and how-to books, and web properties such as NumisMaster.com, the online coin price database.