The deadline for the auction catalog cover contest hosted by Kagin's Auctions has changed, so I'm using my blog space this morning to pass along the information. Details follow.
Due to an overwhelmingly positive response, Kagin’s Auctions, the official auctioneer for the March 9-11 American Numismatic Association National Money Show® in Orlando, Fla., is extending its deadline for the cover design competition to Jan. 23. Contestants can now submit their original compositions for a chance to win $5,000.
Designs can be in any medium – paintings, sketches, photographic, even computer-generated images,” said Don Kagin, president. “We want to encourage everyone – young artists to professionals from inside or outside our numismatic community."
Kagin believes numismatics is fun, educational and exciting and he wants to use this opportunity to demonstrate to the art and auction world how imaginative and cutting-edge numismatics can be.
An independent panel including Kenneth Bressett, ANA past president, Mary Lannin, renowned numismatist, Dave Harper, Numismatic News editor, Barbara Gregory, editor of The Numismatist and Heidi Wastweet, medallic sculptor, will review and pick the winning design.
Contestants are invited to email up to three entries to Nina@Kagins.com by Jan. 23.
The cover design must include the following text (in any arrangement): Kagin’s, ANA Auction, March 9-10, 2017, Orlando, Florida. For more information, please visit kagins.com/auctions.
The following are the rules of the competition.
• Any and all contestants can submit up to three original compositions for a chance to win $5,000 and have their design as the Kagin’s auction catalog cover design
• Submissions must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the Jan. 23, 2017, deadline. Subject line: “ANA Auction Catalog Cover Design Competition”
• Designs can be in any medium – paintings, sketches, photographic, even computer-generated images
• Size specifications for the catalog pages are 8.375 x 10.75 inches
• Some images to use can be found in this PCGS Registry set: www.pcgs.com/setregistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=146937
• All entries become the property of Kagin’s Inc. in consideration of the $5,000 cash prize.