This article was originally printed in Numismatic News.
>> Subscribe today!
More than 105 bidders attended the April 16 Coin Auction, & Mail Bid of the 50-Year Illinois collections and others conducted by Sonny Henry’s Auction Service of Mendota, Ill.
Held at the Midwest Center for Christian Living in Lasalle, Ill., bidders attended from Illinois, Iowa, Indiana and Wisconsin. Mail bids were received from 32 different states. Several coin clubs were represented.
There were over 500 lots in the auction with competitive bidding throughout. Overall prices were very strong. Early type and silver dollars seemed to be the leaders. Common low grade coins also were commanding higher prices.
Highlights from the auction include:
• 1874 Seated Quarter NGC Proof 67 sells for $14,500.00
• 1875 Std. Half-NGC PF66 $2,750.00
• 1909-S VDB Lincoln cent-PCGS MS-64+RB $3,550.00
• 1926 Sesq $2 ½ Gold-PCGS MS-64 $1,425.00
• 1911-D $20 Saint-Gaudens-Au/Unc $1,550.00
• 1955 Lincoln cent D. Die-PCGS MS62BN $2,550.00
• 1918-S Standing Liberty quarter-NGC 1918/17 Fine details clnd $2,400.00
• 1893-S Morgan dollar-NGC VF-25 $4,100.00
• 1795 Flowing Hair dollar-XF, 3 leaves $8,700.00
1960 Lin. Cent-PCGS Pr68Dcam Sm date $3,650.00
1894-p Mor. Doll-PCGS VF $1,200.00
1885-cc Mor. Doll-GSA NGC MS63DPL $810.00
1892-o Mor. Doll-NGC MS64+ $875.00
1873 $2 ½ Gold Closed 3-PCGS MS63 $875.00
1826 Bust Half-ICG MS62 $850.00
1802/1 Bust Doll-VG/F $900.00
1895-s Mor. Doll-PCGS XF40 $950.00
Prices does not include the 10% Buyers Fee. For more information or to be placed on the mailing list for future auctions, write to SONNY HENRY’S AUCTION SERVICE, 1510 Illinois Ave, Mendota, IL. 61342 Phone 815-539-6300, or www.sonnyhenryauctions.com