The limited edition American Eagle 25th Anniversary silver coin set went on sale at the U.S. Mint website on Oct. 27. The set is priced at $299.95, and a total of 100,000 sets will be produced for sale. For the first week of sales, orders were limited to five sets per household.
The set contains the following:
- 2011-W American Eagle 1 ounce silver uncirculated coin
- 2011-W American Eagle 1 ounce silver proof coin
- 2011-P American Eagle 1 ounce silver reverse proof coin
- 2011 American Eagle 1 ounce silver bullion coin (no mintmark)
- 2011-S American Eagle 1 ounce silver uncirculated coin
All five coins are 99.9 percent silver and come encapsulated in a presentation case with a certificate of authenticity.
The obverse design of all five coins features a modern rendition of Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty, originally designed for the circulating half dollar in 1916. The reverse design, by John Mercanti, features the heraldic eagle with shield, an olive branch in the right talon and arrows in the left.
Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our FREE email newsletter![form id="27827"]
To order, visit www.usmint.gov/catalogor call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). All orders will be charged a $4.95 shipping and handling fee. Because the coins contain precious metals, the Mint retains the right to alter the price of the set at any time.