- $5,000 and $10,000 notes lead Stack's sale April 20, 2015Small-size currency stole the show at Stack’s Bowers Galleries’ Baltimore Currency Auction, March 26 and March 30 at the Baltimore Convention Center. The sale, which realized nearly $4.7 million, was led by a 1934 $5,000 from St. Louis, Fr. 2221-H, in PMG...
- Waterloo being refought over coin
- Silver pound brings $82,747 at Duke’s
- Derivatives pose threat
- Eleanor Roosevelt gold sold out?
- Collectors aid archeology
- Ridiculous demand, prices for Hoover set
- Buyers look for quality at CICF
- Spink to offer four major sales
- German auctions bring over $10 million in bids
- Revoke sales tax on coins, bullion
DEAL OF THE WEEK
- 2015 North American Coins & Prices 2015 North American Coins & Prices A Guide to U.S., Canadian and Mexican CoinsBy David C. HarperUse this price guide to:Confirm details of your coins including weight, diameter, composition and year of issue Authenticate nearly...
The Buzz with Dave Harper
- If you're under 50, do you care? The economy does seem to be improving. Signs at businesses looking to hire new employees are popping up like spring flowers in my part of Wisconsin.On one of my weekend errands, I stopped by and made a purchase of $9.87.The clerk was young. She ac...
- Will their 75,000 mintages make the two dimes in the March of Dimes set valuable? From the March 17 Numismatic News E-Newsletter:Will their 75,000 mintages make the two dimes in the March of Dimes set valuable?Here are some answers sent from our e-newsletter readers to Editor Dave Harper.Will the set be valuable? Yes.In...
The Numismatic Directory is a comprehensive resource center for coin & paper money collectors and enthusiasts. Find valuable information about Products, Services, Dealers, Events, and Clubs. Use it to quickly find companies, organizations, events and more in your area–maps & directions too!
A free, visual guide that includes full color images of silver, gold clad, alloy and war coinage. Learn the features of U.S. denominations, from half cents to double eagles.
A free, digital guide to today’s prime gold coin collecting opportunity. Learn why American Eagles are not just for investors and what they have to offer collectors.
OFF THE SHELF
Check out these popular picks to see which items belong in your library or which items would make a great gift!