- Bull shark on latest Tuvalu silver dollar April 24, 2017In early April Downies released Tuvalu’s latest silver dollar in the highly popular Deadly & Dangerous Australians series. The 40.60 mm, 1 oz .9999 fine silver, proof celebrates the Bull Shark (Carcharhinus leucas). Bull Sharks are not confined to Australia. They are widespread in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans. Populations occur in major rivers with ...
- India note tops Hong Kong sale
- How much money could you lift?
- Viewpoint: PNG members bring expertise to ANA
- Scout seminar held in Garfield Heights
- Legislation shows loyalty to copper
- Cent out, nickel changed
- Government can keep 1933 $20s
- Mint starts art contest
- Sagging economy, rising gold
- Mint Statistics: Two weeks’ sales don’t add up to much
DEAL OF THE WEEK
- Save big on books by Bob Van Ryzin Coins magazine Editor Bob Van Ryzin was recently quoted in a Smithsonian.com article about the 1916-dated Lady Liberty quarter and changes made for the 1917-dated quarter. Experience his numismatic expertise for yourself!
The Buzz with Dave Harper
- Decade of blogs shows safe path forward Ten years ago today this blog was begun. If you had told me then that I would have managed to post something every business day for a decade, I wouldn’t have believed you. But this is Blog No. 2,584. I was curious to see what had changed in that time, so I did a little checking of historical ...
- Community Voice Responses (May 9, 2017) From the Apr. 14 Numismatic News E-Newsletter: Should the Mint limit orders in the first week to just one item per household? Here are some answers sent from our e-newsletter readers to Editor Dave Harper. It depends on the item. Annual sets like proof sets, uncirculated sets, commemoratives: no. Special sets, especially those with a silver Eagle or ...
The Numismatic Directory is a comprehensive resource center for coin & paper money collectors and enthusiasts. Find valuable information about Products, Services, Dealers, Events, and Clubs. Use it to quickly find companies, organizations, events and more in your area–maps & directions too!
A free, visual guide that includes full color images of silver, gold clad, alloy and war coinage. Learn the features of U.S. denominations, from half cents to double eagles.
A free, digital guide to today’s prime gold coin collecting opportunity. Learn why American Eagles are not just for investors and what they have to offer collectors.
OFF THE SHELF
Check out these popular picks to see which items belong in your library or which items would make a great gift!