- No more restraint on dollars issued August 24, 2016Last week I wrote about the 45th anniversary of President Richard Nixon’s Aug. 15, 1971, temporarily closing the gold exchange window, where central banks had previously been able to turn in U.S. currency and receive physical gold. Nixon claimed that the closure would be temporary and that it was being done to support the stability ...
- PNG, Stuppler honor Chet Krause
- Mint Stats: Buyers snooze except for gold Eagles
- Consecutive pair of $5,000s leads lots in ANA auction
- Royal Mint sees record profit
- Unusual world coins abound
- Gold $200 kicks off Canada’s 150th
- No gold for you, paper
- Coin output jumps
- Mixed results at ANA show
- Kangaroo bounds to new heights
DEAL OF THE WEEK
The Buzz with Dave Harper
- Silver medal sellout: Good or bad? The silver Liberty Mint medal that went on sale yesterday sold out in less than five minutes. I’m surprised. The medal had a low mintage of 12,500 each from two mints, San Francisco and West Point. Had it been a coin with just 25,000 produced, I wouldn’t be surprised at a sellout at all. But it’s a medal. Coin collectors ...
- Community Voice Responses (July 26, 2016) From the July 1 Numismatic News E-Newsletter: Are you excited about the approaching issuance of a U.S. palladium coin? Here are some answers sent from our e-newsletter readers to Editor Dave Harper. Another low-mintage, high-priced coin that will sell out in a short period of time. Coin dealers will have hundreds of graded copies at twice the initial ...
The Numismatic Directory is a comprehensive resource center for coin & paper money collectors and enthusiasts. Find valuable information about Products, Services, Dealers, Events, and Clubs. Use it to quickly find companies, organizations, events and more in your area–maps & directions too!
A free, visual guide that includes full color images of silver, gold clad, alloy and war coinage. Learn the features of U.S. denominations, from half cents to double eagles.
A free, digital guide to today’s prime gold coin collecting opportunity. Learn why American Eagles are not just for investors and what they have to offer collectors.
OFF THE SHELF
Check out these popular picks to see which items belong in your library or which items would make a great gift!