- Legislation shows loyalty to copper April 22, 2017Is Sen. John McCain trying to have his political cake and eat it to? His legislation calling for a 10-year suspension in the production of the cent outwardly appears to be an attempt to put an end to our lowest denomination because it costs too much. But is it? Because the legislation calls for cent demand ...
- Cent out, nickel changed
- Government can keep 1933 $20s
- Mint starts art contest
- Sagging economy, rising gold
- Mint Statistics: Two weeks’ sales don’t add up to much
- Denmark’s coins struck in Finland
- Steinberg’s list features gold
- Bullion calls tune for most prices
- Maine Centennial half missed celebration
- Train portraits are a collector favorite
DEAL OF THE WEEK
- Preserve your coins with supplies from ShopNumismaster Browse our current deals and find exactly what you need!
The Buzz with Dave Harper
- How far can you throw a Presidential dollar? Let’s take a chapter from our national past and start dollar throwing contests for coin collectors. Our first President, George Washington, in addition to admitting cutting down a cherry tree, also supposedly threw a dollar across the Potomac River, or the Rappahannock, depending on the version of the story. Let’s arm collectors with George Washington Presidential dollars ...
- Community Voice Responses (May 9, 2017) From the Apr. 14 Numismatic News E-Newsletter: Should the Mint limit orders in the first week to just one item per household? Here are some answers sent from our e-newsletter readers to Editor Dave Harper. It depends on the item. Annual sets like proof sets, uncirculated sets, commemoratives: no. Special sets, especially those with a silver Eagle or ...
The Numismatic Directory is a comprehensive resource center for coin & paper money collectors and enthusiasts. Find valuable information about Products, Services, Dealers, Events, and Clubs. Use it to quickly find companies, organizations, events and more in your area–maps & directions too!
A free, visual guide that includes full color images of silver, gold clad, alloy and war coinage. Learn the features of U.S. denominations, from half cents to double eagles.
A free, digital guide to today’s prime gold coin collecting opportunity. Learn why American Eagles are not just for investors and what they have to offer collectors.
OFF THE SHELF
Check out these popular picks to see which items belong in your library or which items would make a great gift!