- Are Eagle sales sending us a signal? February 25, 2017Silver and gold buyers probably remember the year 2016 as the year of two markets. The first half of the year saw precious metals go up and up. They had racked up huge gains by the beginning of July. Then the price of bullion went down and down, and down some more until the end ...
- Unique bronze cent certified
- 1804 dollar expected to bring millions
- Treasure found in old Alabama shed
- Gold, silver remain foundation of freedom
- Butler’s medal honored efforts of black troops
- Knight’s PCDA sale offers plenty
- Swedish coins nickel-free
- ‘Chief’ signature set a sure draw
- Meiji gold dominates Heritage NYINC sale
- BEP offers birthday note
DEAL OF THE WEEK
The Buzz with Dave Harper
- Steel question a surprisingly common one A recent email contains a version of a question that I have been receiving for my entire career. The writer said, “Just before I moved to Florida, I sold most of my coins, but before I did I was looking for a 1943-S steel penny for my own collection, going through four rolls of steel cents ...
- Community Voice Responses (March 14, 2017) From the Feb. 17 Numismatic News E-Newsletter: Should Morgan dollars graded “Good” be worth more than melt value? Here are some answers sent from our e-newsletter readers to Editor Dave Harper. In a perfect world, “Good” Morgan dollars would retain some numismatic value and thus price higher than bullion. The reality is different. Morgan dollars in Mint State ...
The Numismatic Directory is a comprehensive resource center for coin & paper money collectors and enthusiasts. Find valuable information about Products, Services, Dealers, Events, and Clubs. Use it to quickly find companies, organizations, events and more in your area–maps & directions too!
A free, visual guide that includes full color images of silver, gold clad, alloy and war coinage. Learn the features of U.S. denominations, from half cents to double eagles.
A free, digital guide to today’s prime gold coin collecting opportunity. Learn why American Eagles are not just for investors and what they have to offer collectors.
OFF THE SHELF
Check out these popular picks to see which items belong in your library or which items would make a great gift!