- Mint Stats: Holidays put traditional gifts in play December 9, 2016Holiday sales numbers are washing over these pages. Traditional Christmas purchases are pushing up numbers for proof sets and mint sets. The clad 2016 proof set jumped by 27,844 to 534,258. The 2016 silver proof set was up by 12,014 to 333,356. The uncirculated coin set was up by 10,197 to 248,455. Among the hot products, the ...
- Creator of written Cherokee on $1
- Gold eagles soar while silver dips
- Who’s afraid of gold and silver?
- Reader’s Showcase
- Market makes AU coins uncirculated
- Steel cents disliked
- How to start a collection
- Don’t overlook 1921-S Walking Liberty
- Share your “Coin Finds” with us!
- Irish pattern coin in December sale
DEAL OF THE WEEK
The Buzz with Dave Harper
- United States Mint saving the best for last? Ready for a bargain from the United States Mint? When the annual uncirculated dollar coin set goes up for sale on the Mint website Dec. 14, buyers will find that it is priced at $49.95. At first glance, that might seem like a so-what price. But if you take a moment to consider that the key coin in ...
- Community Voice Responses (July 26, 2016) From the July 1 Numismatic News E-Newsletter: Are you excited about the approaching issuance of a U.S. palladium coin? Here are some answers sent from our e-newsletter readers to Editor Dave Harper. Another low-mintage, high-priced coin that will sell out in a short period of time. Coin dealers will have hundreds of graded copies at twice the initial ...
The Numismatic Directory is a comprehensive resource center for coin & paper money collectors and enthusiasts. Find valuable information about Products, Services, Dealers, Events, and Clubs. Use it to quickly find companies, organizations, events and more in your area–maps & directions too!
A free, visual guide that includes full color images of silver, gold clad, alloy and war coinage. Learn the features of U.S. denominations, from half cents to double eagles.
A free, digital guide to today’s prime gold coin collecting opportunity. Learn why American Eagles are not just for investors and what they have to offer collectors.
OFF THE SHELF
Check out these popular picks to see which items belong in your library or which items would make a great gift!