- Gold half ounce not cutting it? May 26, 2016Is gold Eagle buyer interest shifting towards the one- and tenth-ounce sizes? From May 18 to 25, the Mint reported a net return of 5,000 half-ounce gold Eagles. At the same time, the Authorized Purchasers ordered 17,000 one-, 8,000 quarter- and 35,000 tenth-ounce gold Eagles. Orders began for the 2016 uncirculated mint set on May 18. ...
- $100 rarity tops Knight’s Memphis
- National Bank Note circulation peaked in 1932-1933
- Could the German collector become extinct?
- China to replace yuan note with coin
- 2016 uncirculated mint set racks up sales
- Chops change value, affect grading
- Three reasons for gold
- Gold dime sales continue to fall
- Deadly spider coin at $1,300
- Fight with France strained Spanish coinage
DEAL OF THE WEEK
- Standard Catalog of United States Paper Money, 34th Edition Check out this deal perfect for the U.S. paper money collector: the Standard Catalog of United States Paper Money, 34th edition for $23.25. As the only annual, full-color reference of its kind on the market, the Standard Catalog of United States Paper Money has for more than three decades served as the essential guide providing complete ...
The Buzz with Dave Harper
- History and trading two different things I happened to check bullion prices yesterday afternoon. It was a holiday in the United States, but not elsewhere in the world. Gold and silver were dropping to very near the nice round numbers of $1,200 and $16 when I looked. On my morning visit to the Kitco website I see there is a bit of ...
- Community Voice Responses (March 1, 2016) From the Feb. 5 Numismatic News E-Newsletter: Will America the Beautiful 5-ounce silver collector’s uncirculated coins be a good investment? Here are some answers sent from our e-newsletter readers to Editor Dave Harper. The value of this collection will follow the value of silver. John R. Blair Palm Beach. Fla. I certainly hope so. I’ve bought two of every issue in ...
The Numismatic Directory is a comprehensive resource center for coin & paper money collectors and enthusiasts. Find valuable information about Products, Services, Dealers, Events, and Clubs. Use it to quickly find companies, organizations, events and more in your area–maps & directions too!
A free, visual guide that includes full color images of silver, gold clad, alloy and war coinage. Learn the features of U.S. denominations, from half cents to double eagles.
A free, digital guide to today’s prime gold coin collecting opportunity. Learn why American Eagles are not just for investors and what they have to offer collectors.
OFF THE SHELF
Check out these popular picks to see which items belong in your library or which items would make a great gift!