The Long Beach Expo, the largest coin, currency, stamp, and sports collectible show on the West Coast, will return for the first time since 2020 when it opens its doors to the public this week from Sept. 30-Oct. 2, at the Long Beach Convention Center. The Long Beach Expo will be headlined by lot viewings for a multimillion-dollar sale by Heritage Auctions and sport more than 400 collectibles dealers. Among the attractions are a rare collection of copper United States large cents dating back to the 18th century, opportunities to meet with coin and sports memorabilia experts, on-site collectibles grading, the chance to win gold coins and sports rarities, and much more.
For free admission to this week’s Long Beach Expo Sept. 30-Oct. 2, visit: https://www.longbeachexpo.com/visitors/registration and use promo code "LBEPR".
“We are excited to kick off the first Long Beach Expo in more than 18 months,” says PCGS Interim President Stephanie Sabin. “There is so much pent-up energy across all areas of collectibles right now, and we’ve seen this in record prices for coins, sports cards, and more. With all the excitement in the coin and collectibles community and a wide variety of popular attractions at the Long Beach Expo, I’m sure we will have a very busy convention floor this week!”
Among the many Long Beach Expo highlights are:
· Heritage Auctions – The official auctioneer of the Long Beach Expo and world’s largest collectibles auctioneer will showcase many exciting lots for its upcoming Signature Auctions (U.S. Coins #1334 and U.S. Currency #3585) to be held Oct. 7-10 from their headquarters in Dallas, Texas. Learn more about Heritage Auctions, explore their complete Signature Auction schedule, and find out how to consign to future Heritage Auctions events by visiting our Auctions [https://www.longbeachexpo.com/auctions] page.
· PCGS Set Registry Presents: The Walter J. Husak Collection of Large Cents, 1793-1814 (Booth #413) – The culmination of indescribable patience and effort, this collection includes 87 remarkable specimens of large, heavy copper coins totaling more than $7 million in value. This collection consists of many of the finest specimens known of the very first coins ever struck by the U.S. Mint for mass circulation, predating the silver and gold coinage that came along in the mid-1790s.
· PCGS On-Site Grading (Booth #401) – PCGS is offering on-site grading submissions for bank notes at Express or higher service level through Thursday, Sept. 30 at 5 PM and for coins through Friday, Oct. 1 at 5 PM. Be sure to take advantage of a special PCGS $10 Crossover special for U.S. coins that don’t cross.
· “Meet the Expert” Coin Sessions at the PCGS (Booth #401) – Come by the PCGS booth to meet Steve Feltner, PCGS director of numismatic education and outreach. You can receive in-person insights on your collectible coins, and collectors of all ages and experience are welcome! Visit Steve at the PCGS booth (#401) 10:30 AM through 12:30 PM on Thursday, Sept. 30 and Friday, Oct. 1.
· Win A Free Gold Coin and Sports Prize – Each day of the show we’ll award an American Eagle One-Half Oz. Gold coin and an authenticated sports jersey to a show attendee! Preregister for the show and be automatically entered to win! Drawings take place at 2 PM on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. *Attendees must be present to win.
The Long Beach Expo will be held from Sept. 30 and runs through Oct. 2. Doors open 10 AM through 6:30 PM on Thursday, Sept. 30 and Friday, Oct. 1, and 10 AM through 4:30 PM on Saturday, Oct. 2. The Long Beach Expo will take place at the Long Beach Convention Center – Hall C, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, California 90802.