A collection of Territorial gold will go on the auction block Dec. 19 at the Legend-Morphy-Regency V sale at The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
The sales is part of the Professional Coin Grading Service Members Only Show.
Featured in the Flannagan Territorial Collection will be:
• 1861 $2.5 PCGS AU-50 Clark Gruber ex-Eliasberg
• 1849 $5 PCGS AU-53 Norris Gregg
• 1850 $5 NGC MS-60 Moffat
• 1861 $5 PCGS AU-53 Clark, Gruber ex-Eliasberg
• 1862 $10 Pikes Peak PCGS MS-62 Clark, Gruber
• 1861 $10 PCGS AU-58 Clark, Gruber ex-Eliasberg
• 1861 $20 PCGS AU-50 Clark, Gruber ex-Eliasberg
• 1861 $20 copper die trial PCGS Clark, Gruber
• 1851 $50 Humbert slug PCGS MS-61 880
• 1852 $50 Assay slug PCGS AU-55 ex-Eliasberg
Legend says these coins will all be sold unreserved, and will first be bid on individually, then as a set. The higher final hammer price will determine whether it will sell as a set, or as individual coins.
“Even non-territorial collectors should make it a point to view them,” said Legend-Morphy partner Laura Sperber. “All of the pieces were purchased back in 1995-1997, and the Eliasberg coins were purchased straight from auction. Quality, eye appeal, and rarity were critical to Phil Flannagan’s keen purchase.”
The sale will be limited to 500 lots. For more information, visit www.legendmorphy.com.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Order your 2013 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake Coin Set today!
• Buy new coin price guides, get the ebook free! Learn more.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• See what guides and supplies our editors recommend for keeping up with your collection.