The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) and the United States Mint (Mint) will share booth #144 at the Florida United Numismatists (FUN) Show at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL, Jan. 9 – 12, 2020.
The BEP is showcasing its Billion Dollar Exhibit featuring more than $1 billion worth of rare antique currency, including sheets of $100,000 currency notes, Treasury Bonds, and Gold and Silver Certificates. A BEP plate printer will demonstrate currency production on a 19th century Spider Press. Additionally, a drawing will take place for the opportunity to receive a specially engraved Mayflower 400th Anniversary print.
Also, the BEP is offering its newest products for sale:
2020 Happy Birthday – The 2020 Happy Birthday product features an uncirculated $1 note with a serial number beginning with “2020.” The note is protected by a clear, acid-free, polymer sleeve in an attractive folder.
Year of the Rat 2020 – Includes an uncirculated $1 note, featuring a serial number beginning with "8888.” Year of the Rat 2020 is designed with decorative Chinese symbolism and packaged in a symbolic, red folder, with embossed, gold foil.
The BEP will also offer other unique currency-related products, including uncut currency sheets in various subject sizes and denominations.
The Mint has planned several activities, such as:
· An appearance by “Mighty Minter” Layla the Pea Hen
· Assortment of resources for educators
· Product update notification opt-in/sign up
· “Treasure Trivia” game with the BEP, where children visit specific locations on the bourse floor to answer trivia questions designed to instill an appreciation for numismatics
· World Mints’ Passport Program participation, an exciting program in which visitors collect coins from participating mints · Live tweets on daily activities – follow the Mint on Twitter
All products are available for purchase via the Mint’s online catalog at catalog.usmint.gov/ or by calling 1-800-USA-MINT or 1-800-872-6468. Hearing and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may order by calling 1-888-321-MINT (6468). BEP products can also be purchased in BEP’s Washington, D.C. and Fort Worth, Texas gift shops. Additional information about coins and collecting can be found on the Mint’s website, catalog.usmint.gov. For more information about the BEP or currency production, please visit BEP.gov and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.