Orders for reverse proof 2013-W Buffalo gold coins fell short of the 50,000 mark.
An order surge on the final day of 3,358 pieces left the total taken by collectors in a four-week order period at 47,836.
Sales ended at 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, Sept. 5.
This is the first Buffalo gold piece with a reverse proof finish. Buyers have ordered more than three times the number of reverse proofs as regular proofs. The latter order total is currently 14,332 pieces, though there are many weeks left in the offer period.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Order your 2013 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake Coin Set today!
• Buy new coin price guides, get the ebook free! Learn more.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• See what guides and supplies our editors recommend for keeping up with your collection.