BNR Press announces the mid-October release of Fred Reed’s latest book, Civil War Stamp Envelopes, the Issuers and Their Times, 672 pages, 8.5 by 11 inches, approximately 1,500 illustrations, $59.95 softcover or $79.95 hardcover.
The Bank Note Reporter and Coins magazine columnist is well known in the hobby for his intensive research and writings, and the new book is his second in a projected seven volume look at mid-19th century money in a series that began 19 years ago with the similarly titled companion volume, Civil War Encased Stamps, the Issuers and Their Times. That book, also published by BNR Press, earned several major hobby and publishing awards, and finished high on the Numismatic Bibliomania Society’s survey of the “most important” numismatic books of all time.
Reed calls the new book Part III of his “A Numismatist’s Perspective of the Civil War” series.
The book is subtitled “A History, Merchant Chronicle, Catalog, [and] Auction Summary, of the Postage Stamp Envelope Emergency Money of 1862.”
Books are expected to ship in mid-October. Orders may be sent to Reed at Department N, PO Box 118162, Carrollton, TX 75011-8162. Include $10 per book for postage and insurance and note whether you want the volume(s) autographed. Information on bulk orders and discounts may be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.fredwritesright.com.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• August special – only 25 available! Order your 2013 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake Coin Set today!
• Buy new coin price guides, get the ebook free! Learn more.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• See what guides and supplies our editors recommend for keeping up with your collection.