Have rolls of 2010 Union Shield cents finally gone off sale? They were not listed in this week’s Mint sales report. The Mint website says they are sold out. I will put an asterisk next to the 187,459 sales number. After being available for over three years, it is a pretty safe bet that anyone who wanted a roll was able to purchase one.
Sales of the 2013-W proof silver American Eagle coin have reached 770,439, up 15,334 on the week. At the rate collectors are taking them, they should reach 800,000 in the next two weeks. If you are interested in this coin and have not yet purchased it, both the calendar and the sales figure are gently urging you to make your purchase soon.
September one-ounce American Eagle gold bullion coin sales came in below the already low August number. Check out the story on Page 1 for further details.
It is also nearing that time of year when collectors study the sales numbers for commemorative coins to decide if a last-minute purchase is in order.
More Collecting Resources
• Order your 2013 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake Coin Set today!
• Buy new coin price guides, get the ebook free! Learn more.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• See what guides and supplies our editors recommend for keeping up with your collection.