A number of asterisks went up this week where you might not expect them to appear. The McKinley 100-coin dollar bags are now marked as no longer available as are the same size bag for Taft. Since Taft is the current Presidential dollar offering, that might strike some as quick, but they still have other sales options if they truly want the dollar coins.
Hawaii quarter rolls and bags have also passed into history.
Proof silver 2013 American Eagles had a good week, jumping by 25,817 to reach 713,942 sold so far this year. Compare that figure with the 29 2012 proof platinum Eagles that sold. Of course, the 2012 piece is from last year.
Sales of bullion gold American Eagle coins collapsed in August. The monthly figures were put on Page 1. That left space here for the opening sales figures for the month of September, which don’t amount to much. Even the silver Eagle is starting to look weaker.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• August special – only 25 available! Order your 2013 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake Coin Set today!
• Buy new coin price guides, get the ebook free! Learn more.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• See what guides and supplies our editors recommend for keeping up with your collection.