Gold American Eagle bullion coin sales were still dragging along for this week’s numbers, but news of the Federal Reserve’s decision not to curtail its $85 billion a month of bond buying caused a spurt higher for gold’s price. If sales pick up as a result, then we may be off to the races again. Check these pages next week to find out.
The Mint continues to dole out the silver American Eagles at its usual rationed pace. Collectors took 14,317 more of the 2013-W silver proof Eagles.
The standard proof 2013-W gold Buffalo is still available for sale, but only 344 more were taken this week, bringing the running total to 14,676.
A few more asterisks were added to various sales options of Presidential dollars.
Sales of older First Spouse coins move along one or two at a time. Some sales numbers are almost identical, making it difficult to keep the mintages and designs straight.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Order your 2013 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake Coin Set today!
• Buy new coin price guides, get the ebook free! Learn more.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• See what guides and supplies our editors recommend for keeping up with your collection.