The Numismatic Crime Information Center participated in the inaugural Texas Robbery Conference held in Austin, Texas, on Aug. 21-23. More than 170 local, state, and federal investigators attended the conference to learn and share information.
Doug Davis, founder and President of the Numismatic Crime Information Center and a recognized expert in the area of numismatic crime investigations, was one of a select group of police instructors asked to share their expertise in specific types of robbery investigations.
Davis provided attendees with the fundamental investigative techniques, knowledge and understanding to respond effectively to the complex challenges encountered during a numismatic crime investigation.
“The problem we have is that across the country, there’s a lot of inexperience among law enforcement agencies when it comes to investigating numismatic crimes,” said Davis. “The opportunity to address and educate such a large number of law enforcement officials and provide them with investigative resources for investigating numismatic crimes is a tremendous plus for the numismatic community.”
The Numismatic Crime Information Center will conduct several law enforcement training classes throughout the U.S. in 2014, said Davis. The next class will be held at the FUN show in January, 2014.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• August special – only 25 available! Order your 2013 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake Coin Set today!
• Buy new coin price guides, get the ebook free! Learn more.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• See what guides and supplies our editors recommend for keeping up with your collection.