Almost 3,000 lots will be sold in three sessions Jan. 4-9, 2012, in New York City by Stack’s Bowers and Ponterio.
The firm is an official auctioneer at the New York International Numismatic Convention.
Session One will offer ancient coins and world gold on Jan. 6. Session Two will feature crowns and minors and orders and decorations on Jan. 7, with both sessions being held at the Waldorf Astoria.
Session Three will have world paper money on Jan. 9 at the Stack’s Bowers Galleries New York location at 110 W. 57th Street.
“We have a tremendous auction to present this year, offering such a vast selection of lots that we are pleased to expand it to three days of auction sessions,” “said Rick Ponterio, president of Stack’s Bowers and Ponterio.
Among the gold highlights will be:
• Lot 457 AUSTRIA. Salzburg. 8 ducats, 1594. NGC MS-63.
• Lot 488 BRAZIL. 12,800 reis, 1727-B. NGC AU-58.
• Lot 489 BRAZIL. 12,800 reis, 1733-M. NGC MS-65.
• Lot 645 CUBA. 20 pesos, 1915. NGC Proof-63.
World paper money will be highlighted by Greenland:
• Lot 4278 GREENLAND. Danish Administration, Kongel. Gronlandske Handel. 1 rigsdaler. 1803. P-A4. Fine-Very Fine. Serial Number “2.” From the Bruce Levy Collection of Greenland’s Paper Money.
A complete auction and lot viewing schedule is available at www.stacksbowers.com, or by calling (949) 253-0916.